Thursday, April 22, 2010

Girl Trip to Cleveland



One of the mental posts I made to the blog a few weeks back (but never got around to actually posting) was a poll:

I'm packing up the girls and driving by myself from Philly to Cleveland to visit my parents for a week. It's a 7 hour drive without a potty-training 2.5 year old or sorta-but-not-quite able to entertain myself 1 year old. Am I:
a. Brave

b. Crazy
We had been planning our "girl trip" for a long time and despite voting that I was b) crazy, I was excited. Thankfully, the girls were great travelers (both ways!) and we had a blast.
The girls loved hanging out with Grammy and Papa.





Fun outings like feeding the ducks in Chagrin and a rainy-trip to the zoo (thank God for the huge indoor rainforest building).

Getting to see lots of family we love.

(My) Papa


Aunt Jo


Aunt Mary


Joan


Aunt Jo, Grandma Marge and Grammy Rose


Uncle Pat


Abby-dog. Kelly was a big fan.

(Sorry Aunt Teri, Uncle John, Uncle Lou, Mike & Hanna... don't have any good shots of you!)

And celebrating Kelly's first birthday.


With improvised party hats since I forgot them and someone insisted on hats...


And little lambies this time!

The time flew by and we can't wait to see everyone again

3 comments:

Monica and Steve said...

Addie: "I want lamb cupcakes" (and the whining begins...

Hanna said...

We had such a great time with you guys. Love the picture with Kelly and Papa and the baby doll.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Kelly (way belated!) You are a brave mama, and it looks like all went wonderfully!