Friday, February 17, 2012

"When I was a little girl..."

Kelly has taken to telling stories that begin with "When I was a little girl..."

Funny in and of itself, but then she always finishes the sentence with some outrageous lie. For example:

"When I was a little girl, a giraffe used to bite my fingers."

"When I was a little girl, I used to ride the train to Philadelphia and I used to go to work."

"When I was a little girl, I was a police officer riding on a horse and there was a big crash and I was on a motorcycle."

These little girl stories have inspired me to start telling them about things I actually did as a little girl. And somehow Shannon and I have started making a list of the amazing technologies that have come along and changed our lives forever. For example:

"When Mommy was a little girl, computers that didn't know how to talk to each other but now we have the Internet."

"When Mommy was a little girl, you used to put a key in the door of your car to make it open but now we have remotes."

"When Mommy was a little girl, you couldn't see the pictures on your camera and you had to take a little part called to film to the store."

"When Mommy was a little girl, nobody had cell phones and you had to wait until you got to a house and use a phone that was attached to the wall."

That last one totally blows her mind. She has come up with some very alarming situations ("But what if you needed to see when Daddy was coming home?" "But what if you were on a walk?") that prove her point that humans really shouldn't have been able to survive without constant phone access.

No comments: