Friday, December 4, 2009

Apple Picking


Wait, isn't it December? Yep, but our recent visit to Linvilla reminded me that I never finished my pre-Halloween post about our last trip there: to pick apples and find a pumpkin.

We had a great time in the orchard. Daddy was our best picker (see above), but Shannon gave him a run for his money.









Kelly sized up the crop (almost like she knew that many of them would become apple puree for her).





Since we had walked a long way out and it was a gorgeous day, we decided to take a snack break before heading in. Something about these shots felt like they came from a simpler time to me, so I had fun playing around with the vintage effect.







After our snack, it was time to head over to Pumpkinland and pick out a winner. And try to get a cute shot of the girls in the sea of pumpkins. Kelly got the idea right away!





And we had to see how everyone measured up.



2 comments:

uncle mike said...

the pictures of kelly in the pumpkins are awesome.

Monica and Steve said...

I think Shannon's hair added at least 2 inches to her height ;)