Friday, January 30, 2009

Banana Phone



Everyone has different milestones that they look forward to. Monica couldn't wait to let Addie taste yummy foods. Samantha couldn't wait for Caroline to be old enough for ballet lessons. Amy was so excited to share her love of outdoor recreation with Hayden that he was out cross country skiing as a teeny babe (and now downhill skiing at age 2!)

By no means the thing that I thought I would look forward to as a parent, but still very exciting to me: Shannon now gets the banana phone joke.

She used to give me blank stares when I would snap one banana off the bunch and say "hello?" but now, if I am not in a comedian mood and forget to make the joke, she reaches out for it and says "telephone? hello? 'nana?" And then laughs up a storm.

PS.  Coming out of my blogging hole, so stayed tuned!

1 comment:

Monica and Steve said...

OMG, I love that! Steve and I are both cracking up.

We are so teaching Addie how to use the banana phone!