Thursday, December 20, 2007

Five Months


Our little girl is five months old today! This last month went by in a blink, but what a fun one it has been.

She really is turning into such a little person... the other day I found myself handing her a toy and it was only a few seconds after she took it from me that I realized that I had just HANDED her a toy and she TOOK it from me! A few months ago she didn't even know she had hands!

Speaking of extremities, she's found her feet. Shortly after she learned how to grab them, she learned how to put her toes in her mouth. Think we can take back all the Christmas presents waiting for her because she has found the best toys in the world.

We've always been a house of drool but Shannon is giving the dogs a run for their money these days. And, we are proud to report that the first part of a tooth has made it's way through on the bottom!

She continues to be a smiley baby and you can really get her laughing by tickling her or being silly. She is still a big fan of "z" sounds so Mommy sings "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" quite a bit (try it! there are LOTS of "z's") and Daddy plays a funny game called buzz cut.


Her very latest trick is a reverse scream... think about the huge inhaling sound you'd make before saying something like "you scared me" or "what was that?". Now add some shrieky baby joy and you've got it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You guys are having so much fun with her! Such a great post and I can't believe how big she's getting!

Susie PSU said...

What a fun age. It makes me miss it... not enough to have another, but I miss it!

Gina said...

Happy 5 months, already, I can't believe. What a cutie and she looks like she is having so much fun.